Bournemouth International Centre
Contact the Theatre for details
Tel. 01202 456400
Postcode BH2 5BH
The Bournemouth International Centre was opened on 6th September 1984 as a multipurpose Conference, Entertainment, Exhibition and Leisure Venue at an approximate cost of £19.5million.
The Centre originally boasted 2 Auditoria - the Windsor and Tregonwell Halls - and a multi-storey, 700+ space car park, offering a larger, more modern addition to Bournemouth's traditional Winter Gardens Concert Hall (now demolished), Pavilion Theatre/Ballroom and Pier Theatre.
The Centre's leisure pool and gymnasium, which were also part of the Venue's original design, were closed in June 2004, after a sustained period of reduced usage.
With the Centre attracting a wide range of International Artistes and large Conventions, Bournemouth Borough Council recognised the need to expand the facilities by adding the circular 1800 sq.m. Purbeck Hall in 1990 at a further investment of over £6 million.
By 2000 the BIC had firmly established itself as one of the UK's leading venues of its type and with demand far outstripping supply, a massive £22 million expansion and redevelopment programme (co-funded by the South West Regional Development Agency) was agreed in 2003, to provide a 4th auditoria - the 1250 sq.m. Solent Hall (replacing the leisure pool) - and an increased capacity Windsor Hall, making the BIC overall, the largest venue on the South Coast, when it reopened in October 2005.
Bournemouth International Centre, Exeter Road, Bournemouth. BH2 5BH